Class A License Truck Driving Course Description:
Start your career in the trucking industry! By enrolling in this program Goodwill of Silicon Valley will pay the cost of tuition for Coast to Coast Trucking School. In this program, Goodwill will provide career readiness support and guidance in obtaining your Class A Permit. You must obtain your Class A Permit before you can start with Coast to Coast.
While enrolled at Coast to Coast Trucking school you will learn how to perform inspections and drive behind the wheel in a manual truck. By successfully completing this program you will earn your Class A License to pursue employment as a Commercial Truck Driver.
You are responsible to
- Pay costs associated with earning your DMV Class A permit
- This includes, and is not limited to: Medical Evaluation, DMV permit and endorsement knowledge test fees, and TSA Background check for Hazmat endorsement
- Study for and pass Permit test: general knowledge of driving a commercial vehicle, air brakes, and combinations, as well as any endorsements of your choosing: hazmat, double and triple trailers, and tanker vehicles
- Attend scheduled meetings with CTE Staff: Review DMV Commercial Handbook, update Resume, and provide updates to DMV appointments
- Provide proof of earning Commercial Class A Permit prior to enrolling in training
- Attend scheduled training sessions with Coast to Coast Trucking School
- Provide updates on job search to gain assistance in finding employment
- Must be 21 years or older
- Have a Clean Driving Record
- Current resident of Santa Clara County
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- Must have a social security card and ID or driver’s license
- Must have documentation to show proof of residency
- Must have reliable transportation to get to training site
- Must pass Medical Evaluation for Department of Transportation
- In good physical health; ability to stand for 6-8 hours and lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to comprehend the English Language
Coast to Coast Truck Driving hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00am – 2:00pm
Location: 740 W San Carlos St San Jose, CA 95126
Required training hours to earn license: 180 hours minimum (6 – 8 weeks)
Classes are ongoing. Earn your class A permit to enroll.
For inquiries, please contact email@example.com or click the APPLY NOW button below.