Medical Assistant (Programs are offered at NO COST to clients)
What you get from this program
Participants will develop, identify, and analyze instructional skills that will lead to job opportunities in the medical field. Through various lectures and hands on experience, students will be able to implement a variety of medical assistant skills such as following HIPAA & OSHA guidelines, general administrative duties, medical terminology, Clinical duties, billing, and coding. Life skills and job readiness training are also provided during this training course.
In this program, students will learn:
- Medical terminology, billing, and coding
- How to take patients’ vital signs
- Giving injections (IM, ID, & subQ), Venipunctures, and doing ECGs
- Dose calculations and metric conversions
- CPR certification
- JobTrain Certificate of Achievement
- Eligible to take the Profession Industry Certification: NCCT-National Certification Of Competency Testing (optional)
- Medical Offices
- Optometrist Offices
- Wellness Centers
- Surgical Center
- Other Medical Specialty and Outpatient facilities
- Eligible to work in the USA
- 18 years or older
- Must live in one of the following Counties – San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, San Francisco, Contra Costa, or Santa Cruz.
- Can only enroll in one JobTrain training program.
- Must not have any adult criminal convictions or any pending charges of any court (other than minor traffic convictions) or have proof of expungement or dismissal of conviction. A background check will be done during the first week of the program.
- Updated immunizations including 2 Step TB skin test or Quantiferon, 3 series of Hepatitis B or Titer, 2 doses of MMR or Titer, 2 doses of Varicella or Titer, DTaP vaccine or titer, Flu, Covid19, and complete Physical Examination to participate in Clinical Externship. Must complete and submit the Physical Examination Form provided during the enrollment process.
- Must be drug and alcohol free to qualify for employment.
- Proof of High School Diploma/Equivalent completed prior to start of class.
- Proficient in Math and English – Must pass WONDERLIC assessments at 9th grade level or higher
- Ability to stand for 6 hours and to lift 25 lbs.
Length: 11 weeks + 160 hrs externship
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 2:00 pm for academic portion; 8:00am – 5:00pm for externship
Location: Online & Onsite (1080 N. 7th Street, San Jose, CA 95112)
Start: 10/09/2023 End: 12/22/2023
Start: 01/16/2024 End: 03/29/2024
Start: 04/15/2024 End: 06/28/2024
Start: 07/15/2024 End: 09/27/2024