Construction Fundamentals – Laborer’s Pre-Apprenticeship description: (Programs are offered at NO COST to clients)
This construction fundamentals program ensures participants gain the tools and basic knowledge to start a new career in the construction field:
- Students will earn a Pre-apprenticeship certification with Northern California Laborers’ Training Center (LIUNA).
- They will also have the opportunity to earn certifications for: OSHA 10 safety training, First Aid/ CPR-AED, Confined space awareness, Work zone safety & traffic control, Hazardous waste removal, Blueprint reading, and Skid steer loaders.
- Students also receive employment preparation training, such as resume development and mock interviews
- Must be 18 years or older
- Fluent in the English language
- Have reliable transportation
- HSD/GED preferred but not required
- Eligible to work in the USA with proof of documentation
- In good physical health; ability to stand for 6-8 hours and lift up to 50 lbs
- Must pass agility test at end of training
- Driver’s license is preferred but not required
- Availability to attend Mandatory Orientation the week prior to session start date
- Construction Apprentice
- Equipment Operator
- Parts Runner or Driver
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Length: 6 weeks
- Time 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Location: Goodwill of Silicon Valley – 1080 N. 7th St, SJ, CA 95112
Stay tuned for session dates in 2023!
Click APPLY NOW to pre-register.